Rainbow Snippets*—Whiskey

I've finished another round of edits, and had originally planned on posting the chapters of Like Cracks in the Sidewalk on Amazon Vella as I do one last round before publishing it as a book. But I'm rethinking that strategy. I need someone to be in charge and tell me what to do!  

Sunflower unfolding
One of my sunflowers as it unfolds.

Snipping from Like Cracks in the Sidewalk once again. This snippet comes from a conversation between James and his friend, Dean, that takes place during a dinner party. This may--possibly--be inspired from an incident in my own youth! (And I still can't drink whiskey!)

     I was saved from [Molly's] further interrogation when Dean handed me a glass and I looked up questioningly. “Whiskey. I know you aren’t very keen on wine.” 
     He was right, and I grinned up at him in grateful thanks. He winked at me, ghosts of parties past still vivid between us. “Remember that night we ended up at Denny’s at two in the morning and they almost kicked us out?” 
     He laughed at the memory. “What had we drunk that night, a bottle of Jack?”
The whole night was blurry. “Plus a pint, I think. Didn't we top that fifth off with his little brother?”
“Oh, yeah, the little brother! All I really remember is how sick I was the next morning. I still can’t drink whiskey."

Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Sounds like the ghosts of some of my parties past. Long past, and yet it seems like they happened just yesterday. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!