Rainbow Snippets*–Happy October

September's gone? How did that happen? This summer went by in a blur and since the Farmers Market got extended for another month, it's not going to slow down for a while yet. I'm going to be ready when it does, though!

Picture of dried flower seedpod

I've been so busy I missed bi awareness week (last week). In my soon to be released book, Like Cracks in the Sidewalk, both MCs are bisexual, so I'm going to snip from a conversation between James and Val after Val's insecurities throw a wrench in their relationship. Val has asked James if he misses being with women. Told from James' POV:

"I like women, sure. But I don’t miss them. I have you. You’re enough.” Val buried his head in my chest and wrapped his arms around me, grasping at me as if he thought I was going to push him away again. There was a question I hadn’t considered before and didn’t want to ask, but there were enough doubts in my head without adding to them. “Unless, well, do you?”

“Do I what?” he said into my shirt, not moving his body away from mine.

“Women. Do you miss being with women?”

“Oh, babe! No! "


Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!