Rainbow Snippet–The End is Near

That's not as ominous as it sounds, but I've got some big changes coming in the next months between this year's Farmers Market ending in a few weeks, and the business I work for up for sale. The end of Market means I'll be able to dedicate more time to writing, but the stress of not knowing if I'll still have a job in a couple of months is overlaying everything. Oh, well, it'll work out, one way or another.  

Cattails
Cattails on an afternoon walk. 

Snipping once again from my current WIP, Like Cracks in the Sidewalk. No explanation needed for this snippet, other than the two MCs spent the night together and it's the next morning. Told from James' POV:

Val tilted his head to watch as my eyes shot open. There was no amusement on his face, none of the teasing I expected. Instead, he was all seriousness. My heart did this funny thing in my chest, a triple beat that caught my breath until it settled back down. I cupped the back of Val’s head with my free hand, pulling him against me with the arm trapped under his body. I ignored our morning breath as I captured his mouth in my urgency and swallowed his soft moans, absorbing them into myself, needing them like air and water.

Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!