Rainbow Snippets*--End of One Season and the Start of the Next

I'm unpacked from my GRL trip, and had my last Farmers Market for the season. That should mean I have more time for writing. With NaNoWriMo starting in a few days, maybe I can get a regular schedule going again! (Fingers crossed.)

iced coffee on the counter of the coffee shop in Portsmouth VA
The Coffee Shoppe was a highlight of the trip to GRL.

At it's core, Like Cracks in the Sidewalk is a second-chance romance. James and Val's relationship grew toxic, but I love that they get to shed that and start over. Told from James' POV:

When I thought [Val] was asleep, I slid out from under the blanket and sat up. As I leaned over to tie my shoes, Val whispered, “Stay.” I froze and sat motionless. It was a plea, and there was a sense of déjà vu, an echo of the first time he’d said the word. It’d been a lifetime ago, but all the hope and fear and trepidation came back to me in a rush. I was undecided, divided on doing the right thing compared to doing what my heart most desired. And then Val said it again. “Stay.” How could one word, hell, one syllable, tear me apart? And yet it did. In the near silence of that room, with the familiar tick of the clock and Val’s hand on my wrist, I was lost.

Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!