Rainbow Snippets*--On The Road Again

My goal had been to have this round of edits done before I head to Virginia for GRL, and I'm so close! But between the two day jobs and everything that needs to be done pre-traveling, my time this week has been extremely limited. But I'll get it done, eventually!

Butterfly on a Zinnia in my garden. For a few more days, at least. 

After James and Val's relationship implodes, James goes to Molly to regroup, and she invites him to stay as he rebuilds:

I found a new appreciation for Molly over the next few weeks. She stayed home every night, and we sat on her couch, shoulder to shoulder, as we split bottles of wine and watched movies until the late hours of the night. She’d recently broken up with her latest boyfriend, a man I only vaguely remembered meeting once at Dean and Troy’s months ago. As we discovered the bottom of each bottle, we agreed to swear off beautiful boys with nice hair and made a pact to be each other’s sponsor in our recovery. They just ended up breaking our hearts, anyway. During our drunken ramblings, we decided it was better to be alone than broken.

Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Better to be alone than broken. Good advice. It took me all too long to figure it out. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!