Rainbow Snippets*--The Seasons Are Achanging

Farmers Market is done for the year, and because of my uncertain work situation, I've only booked one Holiday event. I'm used to baking on the days I'm not at the store, so now I have to reschedule my days. It doesn't help that once the weather turns cold, I just want to hybernate. 

dark sky sounded by naked trees
It may still be fall, but this week felt like winter. 

I'm snipping again from Like Cracks in the Sidewalk. James, the narrator of the book, is a journalist, and I think most writers I know can relate to what he's going through in this scene from early in the book after he's been propositioned and doesn't have a condom:

The pathetic must have been plain on my face because she smiled. She stepped forward again and kissed me. “Tell you what. Shannon has my number. Why don’t you call sometime? I mean, after you make a trip to the drugstore.”

“Really?”

Have I mentioned I’m not always quick with spoken words? Give me a few hours and I could write her a poem, or at least a decent haiku. But spur of the moment? No.


Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!