Rainbow Snippets*--Christmas Edition

Season's Greetings for whatever holiday you observe. Or wishes for a nice day for you who don't. It's such a hectic time of year under normal circumstances, and this year has been compounded for me by the sale of the store I've worked for over 26 years. I didn't know what to expect—I was the office manager's assistant before, but I assumed I would end up back on the floor. Instead, I'm apparently still in the office, helping the new owner transition. Talk about getting thrown into the deep end of the pool because they thought I knew how to swim! So I've had a crash course becoming the new Office Manager. The worst time of the year to be doing this!
  
On top of everything else, I still had my home baking business to manage! But everything got baked and delivered, and then some. The family is getting lots of cookies to take home since I miscounted and over baked!

This week's snippet is from Headphones: Fall Out with one of the few Christmas scenes I've written: 

The snow settled in through the night and the Christmas Eve sun colored the world in bright crystals of light. The winter storm had dumped a foot of snow over the earlier accumulation, creating a Winter Wonderland. Unfortunately, it also closed roads and airports, dampening planned trips home to be spoiled by aging mothers and to bask in the warm bosom of missed families. Jay and Scoey spent the day with Headphones at The House, having snowball fights and making snow angels, enjoying the novelty of the deep snow. At the end of the day, as the sun sank, Jay snuggled into Scoey, warm and drowsy.
“Sorry you can’t be home with your family,” Scoey said, feeling a little guilty that he actually wasn’t. With his arm wrapped around Jay's slighter shoulders, he relaxed into the heat stretched across his side.

Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. "The snow settled in through the night and the Christmas Eve sun colored the world in bright crystals of light." Such a magical opening line, and a beautifully written scene.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales