Rainbow Snippets*—Happy New Year!

I'm starting 2024 by opening the store bright and early on January 1st, which means an early bed time instead of a party for my New Year's Eve. Honestly, the thought of a crowded loud bar doesn't appeal to me now like it did when I was in my 20s. Okay, I might miss it a little! (because fun was had!)

New Year's Eve 1994. That me in the middle with my "gang"!

Like Cracks in the Sidewalk starts in 1995 and ends in 2000. So naturally, I had to mention the excitement that was New Year's Eve 2000!

It’d been almost a year since I ran into Val in that shiny, overly bright grocery store and he’d outshone the fluorescent light bulbs reflected on the waxed floor tiles. The world survived the switch of the calendar from 1999 to 2000 without an apocalypse, and I moved in with Val after Lance proposed to Molly on New Year’s Eve. They broke the news to me the following week that they planned to move to Springfield, Missouri. I’d been upset, naturally. But the world decided to do me a favor.
I had my own proposal for Val. Not the marriage kind of proposal. At least, not yet. It might have been a new millennium, but two men marrying wasn’t going to happen in Texas. But there was hope. Vermont was about to allow civil unions. Still, we had a long way to go. No, my proposal was more of a legal union.

Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales