Rainbow Snippets*--More Rambling

I've been drifting since the first of the year, unable to focus on any one project. That's normal for me after I finish something. And I finished two somethings at the end of 2023—a book and a Vella. I have a list I need to whittle down to one or two. One is a group project I'll talk about later, and the rest are Vellas, a couple of books I've loosely plotted, and the Headphones box set. With a few other things thrown in just for the heck of it! In the meantime, while I decide, I'll just keep jumping from project to project!

snowing on bushes and trees
Not my idea of an early spring!


This week's snippet, from When Silverfish Dance, is a continuation from last week. Morgan is in a bar, not happily, when a young man in a dress invades his space:


“Sorry, sweetheart, you’re not my type,” Morgan said as he sat up straighter in the hard chair, pulling his feet from between the kid’s skinny legs.

“I’m not asking you to marry me. I just need to sit down. These boots were not made for walking, apparently.” 

Then he was sitting down. Why was he sitting down? Morgan’s low groan went unheard under the loud music. Slipping the offending boots off, the kid rubbed the arch of his foot and moaned loudly with pleasure.


Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales