Rainbow Snippets*— Blind Ante

I can't believe it's the middle of April already. Mainly because I can't believe it's April already. I'm so glad Spring seems to be here for real. I just hope I'll have time to enjoy it. And for those who were in the path of the eclipse Monday, I hope you got to experience it. So weird and cool at the same time!

I took this picture of the totality with my glasses over the camera lense, so it gives it that darkness. It got dark enough that the street lights came on, but not as dark as the picture looks. Everything got quiet and still, like a storm was coming in. We won't have another total eclipse here for another 20 years. This old lady probably won't be around by then.

From Blind Ante-- I wrote this book several years ago and am just now getting around to editing it, so as I read, I'm finding things I'd forgotten. I think this scene, when Jed comes back into Jordan's life, (and causes trouble between him and Reese,) is one of my favorites. I really meant Jed to be the bad guy, but by the end of the book, I'd come up with his back story and he became one of my favorite characters. So yes, Jed will get his own book and his redemption!

Lost in thought, Jordan paid little attention to the new arrivals as he sat with his head bowed, staring into the dregs of his beer, until an arm was thrown over his shoulders. A voice he hadn’t heard in months whispered in his ear. “Hey, baby boy, fancy meeting you in this backwoods honky-tonk.”  

Jordan tensed, refusing to turn his head. “What are you doing here?”

“You don’t call, you don’t text. Why, I’m beginning to think you don’t want to see me anymore.” The teasing tone grew harder and lower. “Give us a kiss, Jordy. I’ve missed you.”

Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!