Rainbow Snippets*-- More From Blind Ante

For those familar with the GRL Retreat, I'm screwing up my courage and going as an author this year. My goal is to have Blind Ante published by then. And possibly even Cut Shot. But that will be pushing it. I tend to be flashy and over the top, or just the opposite—quiet and trying to not be noticed. And I seem to have little control of which I am at any given time. Let's hope for flashy!

trees with new buds and spring flowers.
A morning walk on a nice day. It's amazing how it goes from brown to color seemingly overnight. 

This week's snippet continues from last week's, taken from Blind Ante. Someone Jordan never expected to see again has just walked back into his life. Needless to say, things are about to get complicated! 

   “You don’t call, you don’t text. Why, I’m beginning to think you don’t want to see me anymore.” The teasing tone grew harder and lower. “Give us a kiss, Jordy. I’ve missed you.”

Reese interrupted. “Can I get you anything?” 

Jordan’s eyes widened and his chest heaved in panic as he stared up. The bartender gave him a puzzled glance before looking back at the man draped across his back. 

“Yeah, I’ll have what my Jordy's drinking. And get him another.”

Reese met Jordan’s eyes again, not moving away until the kid nodded his head, a small movement meant to assure that everything was fine. Possibly no one else would notice, but Jordan could see the stiffness in Reese’s back and shoulders, the questions piling up but unasked. He sat the beers down and didn’t move away, even though he had customers waiting. 

“Going to introduce your friend?” Reese asked Jordan.

The answer was almost too low to hear over the jukebox. “Reese Daniels, meet Jedidiah Wheeler.” 

“No reason to be so formal.” The man stuck his hand out. “Everyone calls me Jed.”


Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!