Rainbow Snippets*--More of Jed and Blind Ante

I'm half-way through this first round of edits on Blind Ante. I need to line up some beta readers, but at my turtle pace, I still have a couple of weeks! Especially since I'll be working extra hours until the middle of May. I need more hours and energy in my day!

My first poppy of the year!

Continuing from last week. Jed has just walked back into Jordan's life. Things are uncomfortable, to say the least: 

“No reason to be so formal.” The man stuck his hand out. “Everyone calls me Jed.” 

Reese returned the handshake reluctantly, and as expected, Jed gave an extra alpha-male squeeze, a subliminal attempt at intimidation. “How do you two know each other?” Reese asked, turning his attention back to Jordan,who sat with his head down and his posture sunken. 

Not that Jed was going to give him a chance to answer. “Oh, me and Jordy go back a few years. He used to follow me from job to job like a little mutt in heat. Couldn’t get enough of his Big Jed. Could you, baby?” Jordan flinched when Jed gave his shoulder a tight squeeze, but he didn’t pull away. “Kinda lost track of each other after that Minnesota job last year. But I knew we’d meet up again, sometime.”


Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and promos.

Find my other links here@sadiejaywrites | Linktree

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales