The End!


At the last minute, I decided to do July's CampNaNo. The threads of a new story began to wave around in my head, a barely there idea that I thought I might develop--later. Because I needed to finish Embers and Flame--which was going slowly, and even though I kept thinking I was inches away from the end, it wasn't quite there yet-- and then I planned to start the rewrite of Headphones. Plus, I'm going to be on vacation for a few days. So I decided to skip Camp, even though I really enjoy doing it. But there was this idea, just the seed of an idea, actually. And then someone I follow on Twitter asked if anyone wanted to be in her cabin. And before I knew it, I'd signed up. With my seed of an idea. I have no plot or outline. I set my goal low and gave myself until July 4th to finish E & F. 

And then this thing happened. I decided to do sprints over the weekend, and I was making good progress Saturday. 1800 words-- the most I've done in one day for awhile. And it was there. The end. Just like that. Now, someone else may read it and say it's too abrupt, and if so, I'll add more. But for now, I'm labelling the first draft as done and moving on! Lasts week's word count was 6551. That feels closer to where I want to be. 

Next week I'll introduce my new story and characters. Ta, I'm off to Camp!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales