Nearing the End (I Hope)

I actually accomplished 6304 words this week, putting me at 36K. Considering my plan to make this a 40K novella, I think I'll probably go over. I wanted to be done by the end of this week, and maybe it'll still happen, but I really don't feel I can tie this up in 4000 or 5000 words. I'm actually excited to see where it goes. I think, in a way, I've enjoyed writing this one more than I have any of the others. Saturday I got to a scene I've seen in my head almost since the beginning and at first I wasn't getting anywhere and I was a bit nervous about it. It had to be right. I basically stared at the screen, typed a sentence or two, and then stared some more. But it hit that afternoon and got more intense than I'd realized it was going to be. Which makes me incredibly happy!

This weeks excerpt:
           Reese followed Jordan in and watched him take off his jacket. It was a bit odd, the way he eased it off as if his muscles were stiff, and he tried to not picture him with Jeb and why he’d have sore muscles. He shook his head in an attempt to empty it of the things that Jeb had hinted at, about how flexible the young man was. This wasn’t the time. “Raven’s gone.”
Jordan draped his jacket on the back of the nearest chair and walked away. “She told me yesterday. I’ll get my stuff out of your room.”
“That’s not what I mean!” Reese wasn’t sure where his sudden consternation grew from, but he followed and grabbed Jordan by the bicep, meaning to halt him.   
Jordan cringed and then rounded on him, tugging as he tried to break away from Reese’s grip. “What, then? What do you want?”
“Why are you mad?”
“Because...you…” Jordan deflated, slumping his shoulders as he stared up at Reese. “I don’t know. I’m not,” he finally admitted. “Why are you?”
Reese almost shouted “I’m not!” but caught himself as he opened his mouth. He shut it with a snap and took a deep breath. “I’m just confused, I guess. I don’t understand what’s going on here.”
Jordan finally broke away from Reese and headed on down the narrow hall to the bedroom without answering. He started to gather the clothes he’d left scattered here and there, but when he finished, his way out was blocked. He tried to push around him, but Reese stopped him with his hands on his shoulders.
“Jordan, stop. Talk to me. What’s going on? It seems like there’s something happening between us, and yet you spend time with Jeb. What is he to you? The love of your life? Just an easy fuck? What?”
“He saved me. Three years ago. He found me, beat up and bleeding. He took me in, cleaned me up. I owe him.”
“Is that all it is?”
“Isn’t it enough?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales