Rainbow Snippets*-- Dreaming of Spring


I know Spring is still officially a few weeks away, but I don't think it can get here soon enough for me. We get hints of it occasionally, a warm day here and there, but then the temperatures drop and we get sleet and snow. Or at least that's how the last week has been. But I'm reminding myself that it won't be long before I can get my lawn chair out and sit in the sun while burgers are cooking on the grill next to me!

   I really started this year out without much of a goal other than "finish this current WIP and then decide." And even though Smoke and Sparks isn't coming easily, I'm only a few pages away from the 40k mark, which means I'm on the home stretch. So... what I've decided, although this will probably change, is to finish this and then put it away to "stew" for a bit, then complete the rewrites on the Headphones series and put serious work into publishing them. Hopefully, that would be for a Fall release. Possibly followed by a short Christmas novel in late November or early December. Why am I tell you all this? Basically for myself. If I write it down I'm more likely to follow through.

Image result for real dogs that look like tramp

And so, having gone through all of that, I'm going back to Cocky Lady for this week's snippet. The anthology has run its course and I've got the rights back. (Now to decide what to do with it.)  It's the next few lines after last week's. Ethan has just found his Tramp in human form:

He was gorgeous. In this total "someday my prince will come" way.
Long body, messy hair that was some kind of medium grey even though he looked no older than me, big eyes framed by dark eyebrows, and scruffy stubble that enhanced his strong jawline. He was every fantasy about a man I’d ever had. And my dog was cuddled up on his lap, licking his smiling face. How could this even be real?
“Lady?” I finally managed to croak out. With a jerk, she jumped back to the sidewalk and ran towards me. I scooped her up and mumbled into her ear, “Never do that to me again. You scared me.” Glancing at the man watching us, I added, “And thank you.”

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers to gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!