Rainbow Snippets*-- Fangs for the Memories


'Tis the season-- to be busy! Busy at work, busy at home. It won't get any better for a few weeks, but I'm editing every minute I can. And stressing that my vampire short-story won't stack up against the other writers' contributions. Ah, the old impostor syndrome strikes again!


Continuing from Fangs for the Memories, Rollie is in shock when he recognizes the man from his past. To catch up, part one and part two.

Oakley pulled the menu out of my hand and chatted about mozzarella sticks and marinara, but it was background noise that couldn’t break through the ringing in my ears. Aja--or was it Alex?--squinted his eyes and tilted his head as he studied me. I held my breath as if that would make me invisible. I relaxed when he nodded and turned away, but then he spun around and pointed his finger. “Rollie Brown. It is you!” If I’d had any doubts, they dried up when he said my name in his soft Georgia drawl. 
Oakley finally shut up as he looked between me and the bartender. “You know each other?” he asked.
“Yeah, he staked me.” A slow grin curled Alex’s lips as if the memory was a pleasant one. “Dude, that was not cool.”

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Ooo, such an intriguing encounter! (heart)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aja/Alex doesn't seem to have a lot of ill-will about the staking. I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh...sounds like Oakley ought to be in trouble. 😳

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoops! Wonder if he holds a grudge...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that last line! Definitely want to know more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah he staked me? Loved that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!