Rainbow Snippets*–Two Down, One to Go

Smoke and Sparks is live! Releasing the three books so closely together means I'm spending more time on promo than anything else right now. It's exhausting. Cinders and Ash releases next, on May 26th, and then maybe I can focus on something else!

A glance at Vaughn and Daryl's first kiss! From Daryl's POV:

    Vaughn’s kiss was nothing more than pressure against my lips, something akin to a promise instead of an actual kiss. Still, I was frozen in that moment, holding my breath as my eyes fluttered closed. He broke the connection between our mouths and shifted, pressing his forehead against mine, and my held breath came out in a puff.
     I still didn’t open my eyes. Closed, I could better hear my heartbeat and feel the heat of his hands on my skin. The small space between us was charged, a zing of electricity that smoked and sparked. If I opened my eyes, would I find the air glowing?

Couch-surfing is fine for the short term, but what Vaughn really needs is a roommate.

Vaughn’s future was mapped out: Attend college in St. Louis. Become a Physical Therapist. Come out to his ultra-religious family-- after he’s financially stable and probably 40-years-old. But that was before he got caught with the pool-boy. Now he has to make new plans, quickly.

A small-town mechanic from Indiana, Daryl has never met anyone like Vaughn. He’s instantly fascinated by the tall college student in the skinny jeans and open-backed shirt. Vaughn is funny, intelligent—and wears silk underwear. Daryl is instantly smitten.

A temporary job offer moves Daryl to the city and solves Vaughn’s roommate problem. But while their former long-distance friendship has the potential to turn into something more, Vaughn fears he’ll end up heartbroken when Daryl moves back to Indiana. The spark between them glows brighter, but will it be smothered before it has a chance to truly ignite? 

 Sign up for my newsletter here for book updates, recs, and the occasional cookie recipe!

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.

Comments

  1. Nice! I've felt that electricity now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Brilliant job pulling me into the scene! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!