Rainbow Snippets*–August Update
This month was the Rainbow Readers Cruise, and while the actual cruise was only four days, because I drove and spent a few days with a friend, it turned into a twelve-day trip for me. What that means is I came home exhausted and now I'm trying to catch up on everything. It really is a fantastic book conference that also feels like a huge reunion, but I definitely spent more money than I could actually afford. So now it's nose to the grindstone!
The progress on Slam Tilt is minimal. I honestly do not know where I'm going with the story, and it's hard to move forward without a more developed plot. The first two books in the series are angsty, so I'm trying to figure out how to match this one with that. The problem is, Roger and Carmen apparently aren't interested in angst. Also, trying to write this book so it can be read as a stand-alone means adding backstory without info-dumping. Here are some inner thoughts of Roger's that may get pulled. They feel important, but maybe they really aren't:
Roger never considered himself a romantic. A realist, more like. Something he’d learned from his mom. He knew he wasn’t anything special to look at, not like his siblings. His conception was an accident, a fumble with a hometown boy. For the rest of her brood, the Daniels matriarch carefully chose the men who fathered her children, looking both for beauty and intelligence. Those men were never relationships–more like ships that passed in the night. Even being the oldest of the clan, he couldn’t remember meeting the men who fathered his oldest brother and his sisters. Rory’s dad was the only one Ruby had ever brought around, and even that had been limited to a handful of times. He was a friendly guy and treated Ruby like he cared, but there was no romance between them. No, even Rory’s dad was chosen for his genes, not because their mom wanted a man in her life.
*Find more Rainbow Snippets here!
Sign up for my newsletter for book updates and promotions.
Looking for my books or social media? @sadiejaywrites | Linktree.

Comments
Post a Comment