Rainbow Snippets*-- Beginnings

I've finished my edits so now I'm doing a final read through of all three books that make up the Headphones trilogy, searching for those always elusive typos. The goal is to have it ready to publish by the end of the month. Fingers crossed!



From book 3-- Fall Out. Richard doesn't know what happened between Scoey and Jay (and yes, it was a bit dramatic) but thank goodness Richard has Bets to talk it through with. Part 3 of 3. (part 1, part 2): 

Richard focused on the thick patchwork quilt beneath them, tugging at a loose string. “It was obvious.” He could still picture the two standing in the hallway, both soaking wet. The bathroom was a mess with water pooled across the tile and towels scattered in sodden heaps. He’d drained the tub and mopped the floor while Scoey took care of Jay. Whatever happened, it wasn’t pleasant. “I feel stupid that I didn’t see it before.” 
“Are you okay with it?” Bets asked as she took his hand. The concern on her face was entirely for him. It wasn’t the gossip she was interested in. She cared and that outweighed any need to say, "I told you so".
“I have to be. It’s strange, that’s all. But it’s good, isn’t it? I mean, I think it’s good. Scoey should have someone.” 
Bets gave his hand a squeeze. “Yeah, babe. It’s good.”

*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--April Showers (In May)

Rainbow Snippets*-- Happy Pride Month!