Rainbow Snippets*--Hi Ho, Hi Ho


I'm trying to write Lindsey's story, Cinders and Ash, which will be the third book in my Campfire series. I managed a few words this week but not as many as I'd like. Still, I'm closing in on 20k words with a goal of approximately 60K, so I'm a third of the way there. I took a day and read what I have so far, just to see if there's any chemistry between Lindsey and her love interest, Brian. Happily, it isn't as flat as I feared. (don't we all fear that, though?)


For this week's snippet from Smoke and Sparks--Lindsey spent the night with Vaugh and Daryl (who are roommates) after they'd all been to a party together. Part 4 of 4, from Vaughn's POV. Part one, Part two, Part three:

       They were chatting amicably when I made it to the kitchen. Lindsey’s normally reserved manner with Daryl was nowhere to be seen. I could only assume that him acting like the decent human being he was had finally won her over. I hadn’t realized how much I needed these two people, both so important in my life, to get along, to even like each other. 
Daryl smiled and handed me a cup of coffee. He tipped his chin up when I leaned forward to kiss him and his smile grew wider. “How do you feel? Up for some eggs and sausage?”
“I’m fine. No hangover. I wasn’t that drunk,” I said pointedly. 
“You were drunk enough,” Lindsey said so that Daryl didn’t have to. 
“Okay, I get it.” And I did. It was okay. Daryl and I had plenty of time to decide what we were and where we were going.


*Rainbow Snippets is a (Facebook) group for LGBTQ+ authors, readers, and bloggers who gather once a week to share snippets from a work of fiction–-a WIP or a finished work or even a book recommendation. If you're interested in following a diverse group of authors, check it out here.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Snippets*-- Mid-June Addition

Rainbow Snippets*--More Squirrel Tales

Rainbow Snippets*-- Changing Seasons